Coffee has always been a famous beverage; most people depend on it to start their day afresh. However, slightly newer into the market, boba tea/bubble tea is another option to which people are reaching out. With the increase in demand, there has been a surge in the number of beverage shops and cafes specializing in making boba tea.
Boba tea or bubble tea is, in simplest terms, a drink made with tapioca pearls or fruit-flavored pearls. It comes in various flavors like green tea, Macha, strawberry mango lychee, dragon fruit, pineapple, lemonade, horchata, red bean, coconut cream, and Oreo cookie crumble! This article will touch upon the basics of boba tea and delve deep into the mechanism of making one by using a boba machine.
A variety of boba equipment is used to make bubble teas or boba tea. A boba machine consists of various parts:
- The HMI panels
- The feed hopper
- Pressure roller
- A cutting system
- A mixing system
- A hopper
How is Boba Machine Used?
For the use of a boba machine, the initial step is to mix all the ingredients of the boba and add them to the mixing system. The device will combine the wet and dry ingredients to form a dough, and the flour will prevent the dough from sticking. Later, the mixture travels to the pressure roller, which applies stress to the dough and rolls it into a cake. The dough cake is brought to the cutting system, where tiny boba pearls are shaped.
Benefits of a Commercial Boba Machine
Nearly every commercial boba shop has invested in a boba machine for the ease of their employers. It takes a lot of work to mix ice, hot tea, and flavored powder rapidly. Hence, using a boba machine is safer, quicker, and better in terms of flavor! Using the device to make tapioca pearls is also a great option, as they provide the following functions:
- Results in uniformly sized tapioca pearls
- Prevents breaking of the boba pearls
- Via a machine, one can make boba in different colors
- One can only achieve the famous creamy texture of a boba by using a machine
- It improves flavor quality and results in a more potent taste
- Boba machines speed up the process of making bubble tea, resulting in better service when used commercially
One can make more flavors of boba by using an automatic boba machine
Precautions to Take While Using Boba Machine
The following are the safety measures necessary when using a boba machine:
- Refrain from inserting hands into the hopper when the device is on the go
- The machine is to be cleaned carefully and regularly for the best maintenance
- The dough will automatically run through the rollers by itself. Refrain from pushing it into the machine
- Prevent overheating of the machine
In a nutshell, a boba machine has a complex mechanism, but it makes work easier for commercial use. Careful use of the boba machine by following all the necessary safety tips can make the process efficient. Gone are the days of long hours in the kitchen, kneading and shaping tapioca pearls! Hundreds and hundreds of tapioca pearls can now be made with the push of a button!